After creating an client account at Bitcoins Norway, make sure that you've optimized your security settings.
A strong password is required for registering your client account. At a minimum, we insist that all client accounts make a password with at least 8 characters. The password should contain a capital letter, a special character (-. + \) And a number. Try to avoid using a password used on other websites.
The password should also be combined with google Two factor authentication / 2FA, read how to enable this: How to activate 2FA
How secure your client account is at Bitcoins Norway, is also connected to how serious you take your own personal security. A strong password (which is not used in other places) and enabled 2FA are security measures that alone will make your client account quite safe. To improve even more, users can avoid becoming a victim of compromise by following a few best practices when securing their accounts.
- Make sure that your email account is protected by 2FA.
- Dont save, print or copy 2FA security keys or generated QR codes
- Do not use rooted smartphone when logging in to your client account.
- Use a secure and trusted internet at login, not a free public network.
- Always have an updated antivirus and / or malware protection
- NEVER open emails, attachments, or files of any kind of untrusted sources.
If you've lost your phone, we can help you to disable 2FA. Look here: